For all of you BlackBerry fans who use Facebook for BlackBerry, you will be glad to know that FaceBook 2.0 is available! Here is RIM’s official word,
We are pleased to announce the availability of Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 today in BlackBerry App World. Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook was the first optimized tablet Facebook application that offers users a highly engaging experience with access to popular features such as Facebook chat, video uploading and Places
New features include:
- Facebook Places – Users choose to share where they are, what they are doing and who they are with – with Facebook friends. Get directions to and from a Facebook Places by clicking on the map image, which will seamlessly launch the Bing! Maps on the BlackBerry Playbook.
- Facebook Events – View events and birthdays and receive notifications of new invitations. View event details like the time, place, guest list and more. Users can even RSVP and write on the event’s Wall.
- View ‘Likes’ – See the names of the friends that ‘liked’ a user’s post. Users will also be able to tap their friends’ names to launch directly to their profiles.
- Privacy control on status updates – Control who can see each update users share. Simply click the lock icon in the lower-right corner of the status publisher to select who to make the status update visible to before posting it.
Also available today in BlackBerry App World, is the official Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones v2.0 app. Thanks to user feedback on the beta, this next generation app includes a sleek new user interface and many new features based on customer feedback, including Facebook Chat.
Download Facebook v2.0 for BlackBerry
Latest posts by Brad (see all)
- T-Mobile Will Start Selling the BlackBerry Classic on May 13th After Mending Relationship with BlackBerry! - May 7, 2015
- BlackBerry Says Goodbye to Heidi Davidson, a Great Part of #TeamBlackBerry - May 7, 2015
- The BlackBerry Leap to Arrive in Vietnam on May 15th via BlackBerry Authorized Partners - May 7, 2015