Here is a late night treat for all of you T-Mobile users rocking a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or BlackBerry Torch 9810. OS 7.1 has been officially rolled out to your devices. Here is what the new update has to offer!
The new BlackBerry OS 7.1 has the following features.
- Wi-Fi Calling: Allows you to make calls over a Wi-Fi network. Does not support handoffs to cell network, so calls will drop when you leave the Wi-Fi coverage.
- Mobile HotSpot/USB tethering: Allows you to connect up to five devices to the internet through your BlackBerry device.
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS): A personalized emergency alert system designed to alert people of nearby threats or emergencies.
- BBM Music: A new feature that lets you download 50 tracks when you sign up and up to 25 tracks per month.
- Bing search: Device searches also uses Bing to provide additional search results.
- BlackBerry Device Analyzer: Lets you perform diagnostic tests to check for errors or issues, which can help you resolve device problems without having to call Customer Care. Check out theWhat is the BlackBerry Device Analyzer to learn more.
To update your device fire up Desktop Manager or check for the update on your device. Feel free to grab the install files for OS 188.8.131.528 down below. Let us know in the comment section how you like it!
Latest posts by Brad (see all)
- DTEK for the BlackBerry Priv Gets Updated to Fix Minor Bugs - November 23, 2015
- BlackBerry Priv Now in Stock to Purchase from ShopBlackBerry UK - November 23, 2015
- How to Use Google Now on Your BlackBerry Priv - November 19, 2015