CallBlocker App Blocks Unwanted Incoming Calls

callblocker

*Update: I spoke to Fabian about the requirements for CallBlocker and he said that it should work on all the devices and not just the Storm.  It works on my Bold, so just download it no matter what the requirements say.

Our good friend Fabian has done it again.  He has created an application that will come in handy for many many people.  CallBlocker is an free application that blocks unwanted incoming calls.  I was fortunate enough to have been the first person to test this application and I loved it, and it is even better now.

What it does is allows you to not recieve certain callers and send them directly to your voice mail.  You can enter individual numbers to block from your address book or call log, block privaet numbers, unknown numbers, withheld numbers, and numbers starting with a specific area code such as; 888 or 800 numbers.  You also have the option to set how long it takes before it sends them to voice mail.  I like to do it in 1 millisecond so I get not ring on my phone.

*Note: Make sure you set all the permissions to Allow.

As I said before this is a FREE application from our good friend Fabian, so donate to him if you want to thank him.

To get CallBlocker follow this link

The following two tabs change content below.

24 Comments

1. Ivone says:

Looks like a great idea, but It's NOT working on mine BB Storm 1, OS.5.
    Tried everything. All the blocked numbers get trough.

Looking for another software!

2. Tommy says:

It doesn’t work on my verizon curve 8330 at all nor my friends what should we do???????

3. laurie says:

It does not work on my phone, I would like to delete application. Verizon now offers a free block up to 5 numbers. So I went through them.

4. MasterMason1997 says:

I downloaded this to my BlackBerry Tour 9630. It seems to be working fine. Will let you know if it stops working.

5. vicky says:

it worked on my curve, but i would like to know how to remove the blocked contacts from the list once they are in it?

6. steph says:

im using the 8900, this thing does not work. in the beginning it blocked some calls on my list and rang twice which i didnt like. i attempted to change the miliseconds to less than 500 ms, but it recommended me to do more than that obviously not allowing the setting. now it just doesnt block any of the calls on the block list!!! HELP

7. Robert says:

hi, I tested it on my Curve 8900, and it works. But there is one language problem with the app. I’m using German, as my phone’s language, and when I set to block the Unknown numbers, it does not. I assume this is due the number showing as “Unbekannte Nr.” – which is in german for Uknown number. It would be nice in the app to be able to set the text for the unknown number, so that it can be applied in other languages. When I turn my phone to english, it works.

8. Angela says:

I downloaded this app but I dont like that it sends people to my voicemail. I would rather then get a message saying that my number is changed. Is there any way that we can do this with this app? Or is there another app that does this?

9. Andrey says:

Thanks

10. Andrey says:

Please, don’t forget us 🙂 Blackberry 8900

11. Amjad says:

ya it is very nice i use this……..

12. Hobo says:

Quick question. What happens when a number(s) is blocked? Do they get some message stating the number is not in service or does it go to voicemail?

I’d love a number blocker that that makes the other party think the number was disconnected or something. They way I won’t have to deal with voicemails or them trying to reach me at a later time.

Thanks!

13. Robert says:

I have a Pearl 8100 with O.S. 4.5.0.124 and it works!

14. Monique says:

I love it. I just have 1 question for Fabian
    Can u make TextBlocker, the twin to Call Blocker?

15. I will talk to the developer and have him get on the fixes and I will repost or update this post with a fixed version ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

16. Lisa says:

This doesn’t work on the curve. I’ve downloaded it twice. The first time, I was able to open the program and update what I wanted, but then once I closed the app, I wasn’t able to open it again. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but I can’t even open the app at all now.
    I’m running on AT&T v 4.5.081.

17. Manny says:

I just download and couldn’t get it to work on my Bold. I set all the permissions to allow as suggested. Given that I just purchased for first BB four days ago I could very well be doing something wrong.

18. I will look into it guys. Try downloading it anyway and see if it works because it works on my Bold.

19. Tashanna says:

I notice the min OS is 4.7 – therefore this app only works for the Storm?

20. Gary says:

Any chance of a version that works on the 8300s or 8100s?

21. Stephen says:

Damn. I wanted to make this app. haha