How to Fix a BlackBerry 507 Error

507_errorUnfortunately there are times when you get critical errors on your BlackBerry and it can be extremely frustrating.  One of the most common errors BlackBerry users encounter is the dreaded 507 error.  If you have experienced this error before then you know how much of a pain it can be.  Fortunately there are a couple ways you can fix this and get your BlackBerry back up and running.

So you just loaded up your BlackBerry and all of sudden you see a blank white screen with some weird logo along with a 507 number, how did this happen?  First things first do not panic this error can be fixed.  Most likely it means that your BlackBerry can not find an actual OS installed.  This could’ve happened during a recent OS upgrade or if you just recently wiped your device.  Now that you know how this error happened the next step is to get it fixed.

Before you begin you’ll want to download the latest official OS from your carrier’s website and the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software.

1. Open up Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete the VENDOR.XML file

2. Find AppLoader.exe which is located under Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader

3. Now connect your device to your computer and run AppLoader.exe to reinstall the OS

If your computer cannot connect to your BlackBerry then try the steps below.

1. Take the battery out of your device

2. Now connect your BlackBerry to your computer via USB

3. Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and go to Options then select Connection Options

4. In the connection options menu select USB Pin under connection type

5. Now open up Application Loader and select the OS software you want to install

6. It will ask you if you want to automatically back up and restore-DO NOT CLICK THIS OPTION

7. During the installation process you’ll want to make sure you reinsert your battery before it is finished

If this doesn’t work and you’re still having issues fixing the BlackBerry 507 error then check out this helpful document to see some more causes and fixes.

63 Comments

1. roderick says:

thanks it very helpful.It work if you leave your phone on the usb when you install the software

2. Saquib Anzar says:

what to do after running AppLoader.exe????????????
    i had downloaded blackberry os but i cant find it out during running apploader.exe

it shows ——–
    The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

3. tejas says:

bb9900 showing error 507, when im try to fix this error thru app loader it shows LOADER DOESNT HAVE ANY FILES AVAILABLE TO INSTALL, what to do ,plz help

4. Akinfolarin Kehinde says:

thanks to berryreporter. Only God knows what exactly could have happened if i have not gotten thid information

5. Vishwas says:

I am using macbook for the desktop software, I have a 507 error. I am not able to find a VENDOR.XML. please help me where do I find that file on exact location

6. ralph says:

in the process of doing the first one it tells me my blackberry desktop software doesnt have software for running bla bla bla

7. Leslie viles says:

This totally fixed my wsod! Thanks!!!!!

8. sylvia says:

The USB connection is not appearing on my laptop

9. Intizar Hussain cheema says:

Hello,
    Thanks a lot. you have made my phone useful again.

10. paul says:

i cant connect my curve 8520 to the bb desktop it says my bb pin then it brings up a screen saying retry update and cancel i press update my phone shows a screen to comps or a comps and a phone or what ever for half a second it is then i dont go no were i dont no what a os is i had a priviose 8520 i did a bbsak wipe then put that to the bb desktop manager then it did it and tyhat phone worked .why im i having so many niggles with this one i dont get the loader crap ive watched so many vids but on that when i follow the steps i get through a few of the next screens then were the people on the vids get to all the drop downs i dont get owt its cracking me up im falling sleep next to my comps for god sake reading endless amount of crap ive wipped my phone now dont no were to go i swear down im gonna run and take a jump of something big like a curb if no ones helps

11. Internet browsing for bb 7290

12. well i did follow the instructions and after removing the vendor xml document stuff…i was given the option 2 reboot….i then updated the software and it worked like magic………….

13. Shashank says:

Thanks man it helped me a lot……have reinstalled my handheld again up n working…:)

14. Harpreet Gill says:

Hi all,

I own BB 8800 which is getting error 507 for the past 4-5 days. I tried each n every step explained above. Even tried different versions of Device Manager and Desktop Software but the problem still persists. It give me error “The BB Desktop Software does not have BB Device Software for the device that have connected to the computer”. What should I do.

Kindly mail me on gill.jatt06@gmail.com

Thanx

15. julian says:

Muchas gracias amigo, ya habia intentado muchas cosas y no funcionaba. en verdad muchas gracias…

16. iwan says:

blackberry ok

17. Dustin Boyle says:

Thanks Gabe, This is the most helpful post that i could find on this subject. At least someone cares.

18. Ernest says:

I followed all the steps and I got a message on the loader.

1) I keep getting the following error when I try and upload a theme:
    “The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.”

19. Also be sure to pull the battery first and close any other applications that might be accessing the phone (eg BBSAK or Blackberry Master Control

20. sylverbaby says:

Thanks a lot… 🙂

21. arie band says:

You’re the greatest bro….

22. Shawn says:

I cant find “Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete the VENDOR.XML”

i cant even do step one!:(
    i have bb 9670..
    HELP

23. shakz says:

werrrrrrrrrrrr iss optionsss device options?

24. Karim B says:

ok, this 507 error took me a while to figure it out,

BUT I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

say the pc couldnt read the blackberry, nor could you jl cmd it nor could bb swiss army knife recognize it, and if all hell breaks loose the loader.exe app would recognize a phone with your bb pin and yet when connecting the loader did not recognize the phone, for me, i tried everything, and left out the biggest part, restart the pc, so i restarted the pc and googled a few links relating to “make my pc forget a usb device” etc and ran through a few steps, i doubt thats what fixed my problem but im sure you would try anything, anyways, so restart your pc and BAM your loader should not automatically read your device, it would wait till it was connected (red dot on bb of course) then press next, IF YOUR LOADER DOESNT HAVE ANY FILES AVAILABLE TO INSTALL OR IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY FILES OF YOUR OWN THAT YOU WANT TO REPLACE, SIMPLY OPEN THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND IT WWWIIILLLL READ YOUR DEVICE!!!!!!!

hope you have as much luck as ive had

25. faruq u. says:

please i am using BB 7290 but it gives the error code 507 and when i try to connect it to my PC using Black berry desktop, it says “we can’t connect to your device” i dont know what to do. please i need your help. i would have followed your step but it is not connecting to my PC

26. susan v. says:

Thanks so much , gabe this worked when Tmobile couldn’t help.

thanks again!

27. dprasety says:

Thanks for the tips.. I was upgrading my BB when suddenly a electricity connection was out, and my laptop loosing connection to the network. My BB had error 507 and could not recognized by the desktop manager. I was panic and frustated.. I though I will loose my bb forever.

But then I see your tips, and finally it worked !!! (by removing the battery out).

Thanks, it was really help me..

28. sarah says:

Hello

It all started when I downloaded a radio application for my blackberry bold 9700 which is 2 months old , i then got the error 517 jvm so I read forums and researched and ended up wiping it using jl cmder so now i have a 507 reload software error i tried doing everything from manually starting the app loader to every suggestion out there but when I get to the stage of loading apps using desk top manager it gives me that i can only add and under it i get that the dtm does not have software for the connected system.
    Please help i really do not know what to do on a further note my phone is locked to one carrier from which i bought the phone from I am currently in venezuela and my carrier is movistar but the people here are slow it might take more than a month if i take my phone there pleaseeee help

29. joey says:

ive tried everything. it still does not work. when i go to the apploader.exe, it does not show any thing. its just blank. it doesnt show com1 or usb or whatever, just BLANK. i tried to fix the connection by desktop manager and clicked options and it says usb but it doesnt have the pin. i clicked application loader on desktop manager and it still doesnt have anything. for some reason, its not detecting the phone. what should i do? PLEASE HELP!

30. Chris says:

it keeps saying when i try to put a new OS on it

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]

31. Chris says:

loook i have a bb pearl 8130 i was using it and the screen turned white and had a picture of a windows thing with a circle an line through it i cant get anyway with this thing help pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Thamil says:

hile loading applications., device get restarted again and again., error message shows controlpanel- device manager- USP root hub – powermangement tab – select…., I tried., but did't help me. Particularly while loading this module “net_rim_clcd.cod” Automatically BBdevice get restarted.. How to fix it. Model No : 8120., Desktop manager version : 5.0.1.37., Device software :4.5.0.174.

Thanks in advance

33. Thamizharasu says:

while loading applications., device get restarted again and again., error message shows controlpanel- device manager- USP root hub – powermangement tab – select…., I tried., but did't help me. Particularly while loading this module “net_rim_clcd.cod” Automatically system get restarted.. How to fix it.

Thanks in advance.,

34. jp369 says:

yesssssssssssssss!!!! Look no further this fixes error 507 🙂
    Thank you.

35. d4bluegj says:

I tried everything with the battery out but it didn't work; everything works for me with the battery inside. Try that!

36. Christie209 says:

im not sure what the hell is going on.. ive tried to do this usb way,, i have metro pcs and i did download the os for it..but when i try to load it, it says no additional applications for your device were found.. Im totally lost here.. the metro os file im trying to load in is called metrO.alx

37. jaybaydakidd says:

OOOMMMMGGGGG thanks for this post !!!
    here it is 6:30 in the freakin morning & i couldnt sleep till i got this fixed!!!
    all i was trying to do was get brick breaker & memo pad installed on my phone..
    then BAM i got that 507 error thing.. i was sooo upset ! i just knew my BB
    was gone forever ! i have the 8320 & it came with a video camera.. that seems
    to be the only thing i lost in the process of all this.. i want it back but my desktop
    manager just wont recognize my device being plugged into my laptop (pin: none)

Anyways,
    I'll figure that out but thanks so much for putting this up!!!
    cause i had just ordered this phone & thought i was going to
    have to order another!!! saved me some money honey !! lol

Thanks,
    Jasmine 🙂

38. Big Mike says:

im still getting the same error on my Blackberry 8350i using the app loader aka Loader .exe Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000F] please help

39. bfta says:

that worked thank you fo real……. whats wrong wit this world we dependin on our phones its crazy im up till 3am tryna fix my phone lol wow but thanks for the info it worked

40. Catherine says:

I have a MacBook and thus have a different version of Desktop Manager for BB than do those with Windows. The version I have is MUCH more dumbed down and nothing written above is helpful to me. Do you know anything about fixing 507 errors with BB that operate on Desktop Manager for apple laptops?

41. stumped2010 says:

Ok my work requires a walkie talkie feature, and I need internet. So I chose the 7100i. I manage to kill alot of phones. It was cheap, and im finding out why. Alot of problems. Its a nextell phone, and I have boost service. I got it to work on boost with little trouble, but could not download anything. Now I got the 507. I tried your steps. Everything seems to work until its time to download the os. I keep getting a message on the desktop manager, saying, not enough space to download. It says i have 51…mb on the phone and the os and apps add up to only 12 or so mb. It has been wiped and preped for new os 4.1. Just wont let me download it. Any help to solve the would be greatly appreciated.

42. Justin says:

Thats great news, I'm happt we could help you out.

43. Justin says:

Thats great news, I'm happt we could help you out.

44. Yvonne says:

Hi
    After about 5 hours of going through your steps I finally got my black berry to work again. Thanks so much for the help.
    For others you will be fustrated just give it time. The steps definately work

45. Kitna says:

End of story. Just bought my daughter a Blackberry curve yesterday.. Thank to everyone who tried to help me.

46. Kitna says:

Battery in, battery out, i’ve tried everything. I am at my wits end with the phone. i’ve tried different versions of the software and the desktop manager. Different USB cords just incase. PC and Laptop just incase there was a problem with the usb. I’ve tried it on Vista and my 2 friends tried on XP.
    And still…. its does not work!

47. Kitna says:

So here we are a few weeks later, i have tried everything possible. i can get the download to start but when it tries to connect to the phone, nothing. I have had 2 other people work on the phone and they have the same problem. the phone is connected to the computer via usb, the computer recognizies it but the download cannot connect. Any last suggetions before i throw the phone away?
    Thanks

48. Kitna says:

Ok, so i’m a woodworker not a computer guy! anyway, i found the VENDOR.XML file and deleted it. (yes, looking in the wrong folder!) I opened up the application loader and connected the phone. I then got a message stating that the desktop manager does not have the operating system to load onto the phone. Looks like i’m getting somewhere slowly. Too tired tonight. Will download the software tommorow and try tommorow night.
    Appreciate all the help i’m getting!

49. Kitna says:

I have uninstalled and re installed the desktop manager.
    I go toProgram Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Blackberry/application loader(which is a DLL file)
    and again, it is a notepad document. All files are alphabetical and there is no apploades.exe.
    I have version 5.0.1 installed. Again, i have tried to connect the phone with and without the battery and i still get the same box pop up “before you begin, verify your blackberry device is connected to your computer” and again, no way to get rid of the box. I have gone into options and selected USB connection. Suggestions?

50. Kitna says:

also, when i open up the desktop manager i get a message saying “before you begin, verify your blackberry device is connected to your computer” the blackberry is connected but there is no “ok” on the box to get rid of the message.

• Justin says:

Kitna, most likely you are clicking the wrong file, look for apploader.exe Also check the comment above by David about how to handle your Desktop Manager problem.

51. Kitna says:

when i try to open the application loader in the file it comes up all mumbo jumbo in notepad. what do i do now?

52. David says:

If this happens after you install or update an app, you can plug the phone into your computer and start BB Desktop Manager. It may not show your pin in the Desktop Manager but don’t worry about that. Now go to “Application Loader” and uninstall the software that caused the problem. After it finishes, it will reboot your phone and BOOYA! Fixed!

Hope this helps!
    Dave

53. Prince says:

Dude~! Thank you so much. I have been trying to get my blackberry to work for days. I had to go back to using my Vue for a while. Not fun.

54. Kitna says:

My daughters older Blackberry Pearl 8130 has the 507 error. I am a complete newbie when it comes to this. Bell told her the phone was defective but when i called and complained, suddenly they changed their tune. I will give this a shot.

55. SusanC says:

There’s been quite a few 507 and 552 errors with the Tour, so thanks for posting this one to help lessen the panic and show newbies how to reload…